I think I understand why there are awards like the Oscars and Grammy Awards, which are extraordinarily different from awards like the MTV Movie Awards. The MTV Movie Awards were on last night and of course, Twilight raped the whole show.
Now, I'm not a Twilight hater. I'm really a nothing hater. I'm cool with things like Harry Potter and Justin Bieber and Glee and whatever else every hormonal female on the planet is over enthused about. Whatever, I'm never going to rain on anyone's parade. If you like something, I'm not gonna hate on you. But seriously..
The last past three years worth of award shows that the public was able to vote for have been entirely raped by Twilight. Their fans are frickin nuts! Do they sit in their Edward-Shrine basements with a bag of candy and vote all day and all night and even when they're sleeping? Holy crap, it's like, really?!
I even like Twilight. I think it's cute and I've read the books and saw the movies and wanted to have sex with Ashley Greene, but I still can't understand.
Oh well. As I said, I don't plan on raining on anyone's parade. Have fun being obsessive, it's cool with me. I'm obsessed with quite a few things myself *cough*gaga*cough*. But I should just expect from now on that any award show that the public can vote for, Twilight will always win.
And then Kristen will always follow up with a really awkward acceptance speech.
HaHa. It's called growing up. It happens to all of us. It's good to see you writing a blog again. DQ
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming back to me after I disappeared : )
ReplyDelete