Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wow. What a night.

Wow. Holy crap and a half. So my dog died and I lost my job in one week. And my car's battery and window broke so it's been at the shop, which has been scaring the heck out of me. If I miss one day of work, I lose my severance. And to top it all off, if I get an interview I can't drive myself there.

Let me explain the insanity that occurred last night.

My car was having a little bit of trouble starting and the window was slightly down and making crazy noises because it fell off of the track. I brought it to a Pep Boys that I always go to, because they haven't caused me problems in the past.

I get a phone call from them and they say it's going to cost at least $1,000.

Um.. what?!

I decide to have Kevin's dad replace the battery for me and get the window done elsewhere, so Kevin and I drove to the Pep Boys to take my car to the dealership. The mechanic says, "No, it's a liability issue, you can't drive this car because of the window." Kevin asks if we can sign a waiver of liability and the man says no. Within a good 30 seconds they get into a big argument and Kevin tells him to go fuck himself.

It was rather clear that they were hiding something. So, you won't let me take my car somewhere else and you want to charge me $1,000 to fix a window that fell off of the track?! He then told us that the only way he would let it leave the lot is if we call a tow truck. Kevin decided to play his game, so we did. Yay AAA.

The tow truck man got very short with Mr. Mean Pep Boys Mechanic (that's what I'm calling him from now on). He basically told him to go fuck himself. Mr. Mean Pep Boys Mechanic even had the nerve to ask him if he was a real tow truck driver and asked to see his truck.

The tow truck guy thought it was fucking hilarious. After he drove my car onto the truck, he looks at us with a big smile and said, "I feel so unsafe driving this car with a defective window." Oh, and it was quite ironic that Mr. Mean Pep Boys Mechanic said that my battery was completely dead, but we had no trouble starting it at all.

It was so funny because when we got to the house, the tow truck guy said, "Um, typically I can't do this but I guess I'll just let your car off in the road and drive it into the driveway." Ahahahaha! Too funny. He told us that this was the most ridiculous thing that he's ever seen and he's been a tow truck driver his whole life.

In retrospect, we probably just should have called the cops when he wouldn't let me take my car, but I guess this makes for a far more interesting story.

So guess what?! I brought my car to the dealership and will be getting it fixed for a grand total of $386. That douchebag was just trying to get money out of me.

I swear, my life gets more ridiculous every single day... I can't help but laugh at myself anymore. As Megan said, "You can't write this stuff..."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! At least the truck driver was cool. Haha, the mechanic asked to see his truck? Like, what, the two truck driver actually only has a Tonka truck that he makes vroom vroom noises with?

    Good luck on the car/job. I am still in search of the latter and without the former.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to get worse before it gets better... hang in there.

    ReplyDelete