I just got a text from my cousin that I'd like to write here, simply because I can look back at it if times ever get rough:
"I'm so happy for you. And what you did and had to go through to get where you are now must have been so hard. I know we don't talk much and aren't close, but I'm proud of you. You're brave."
And what my niece told me:
"I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself and going with your heart. I'm sure this wasn't easy."
And then there are the bazillion kind words that my sister has given me so far. They've meant the world to me.
Tonight I was so upset at the beginning, because I tell my mom everything. Every time something exciting happens, I call her up and she gets excited with me. I couldn't do that tonight. Because my mom, as you know, doesn't know about the situation. She doesn't even know that I've broken up with Kevin. She'd be hurt, disgusted, angry.. all of the above. She's extraordinarily anti-gay.
I was so upset that I had no one to talk to about my VERY EXCITING date with Holli.
Well, my sister called me and got very excited with me. She asked for all of the details and I very excitedly gave her a summary of everything that happened. It definitely completed my night. I feel upset that my mom can't be the best friend that she always is for me, but at least I have other people who care about me and want to get excited with me.
For instance, Kevin. I'm very lucky to have Kevin. He means a lot to me. He had to sit and listen to me gush about Holli for a good 5 minutes or so. Poor guy lol. I tried to make it quick and painless, while still satisfying for me.
Nicole, I had NOOOOO freaking idea about you and Kevin! This is what happens when my internet goes down for like a week! I'm proud that you stood up for yourself and your mind. Many people don't do that for themselves, although its always hard to deal with the consequences of your decisions, the end result is a happier YOU. I'm sorry your mom is not happy with the end result, but just know that you aren't alone. I'm proud of Kevin for treating your thoughts and maturely. Its not often that happens. I'm glad you had a great date and I can't wait to see you for your bday celebration! We have A LOT to catch up on!
ReplyDeleteThanks for being so sweet about it :)
ReplyDeleteMy mom doesn't know yet, actually, but when she does it will be a total mess. Oh well, I'll just watch it all fall and then laugh a little bit because I knew it was going to happen lol. No point in worrying about something that I can't change.
See you on my birthdaaaaaay! Pumped! :)