My life has been very boring. I wake up at 6am every day and leave for either Philadelphia or the coffee house. I work all day. I come home and grade papers or work on lesson plans. And then I sleep.
This is killing me. I miss having fun.
Once I become a paid teacher, this will end. I'll have free weekends, planning will be easier without the overseeing of a co-op. Just, overall it will be a more smooth process. And I'll be able to have a life. I'll be able to go out, I'll be able to drink, I'll be able to enjoy my crack (a.k.a. live music). I'll be able to *gasp* have friends and visit my family. I'll be able to go shopping every other day, which is something that I miss.
The sight of a mall makes me want to die a little bit. I miss trying on clothes.
Oh, there's a big one. I miss dressing like a normal 22 year old girl. My current daily clothes consist of teacher shirts and dress pants and the coffee house uniform. (Black collared shirt, black pants, black shoes). I love clothes. And I feel so bland here of late.
I hate feeling so tired when I get home from work that I just keep on what I'm wearing or throw on some old jeans and a tee.
I miss wearing fun makeup. I just put on some neutral eyeshadow and some mascara. I miss liquid eyeliner, darker shades, lipstick. I miss bright nail polish. I miss skinny jeans and knee high boots.
It's not that I can't do any of this.. it's just that I can't do any of this until after December 10th. December 11th is when I go back to a normal human schedule. And you better believe that I'll be in the mall on December 11th shopping for normal human clothes.
I just miss being a 22 year old. I keep telling myself that this is only a 14 week experience. I'll be done soon enough. And I love it. I love it to death. I love the kids, I love the profession, I love poetry and writing and reading and.. just making people feel better about themselves.
But I don't love not getting paid to do it and I don't love being under the surveillance of a co-op and I don't love the fact that I work 75 hours a week because I need to work at the coffee house to pay my bills.
I love where I'm headed in life, but I'm really at a bit of a bump. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy. But I just want to play. That's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment