Thursday, November 18, 2010

Police Tape

Someone gets over the loudspeaker and says to count your students and to not allow anyone into the hallways.

Great. What now?

Well, let me say that I guessed correctly yesterday, and the mayhem was due to the gangs. And today they caused even more problems. They planned to have a flash mob outside of the school. I'm not so sure what they were going to do to our students, but considering the fact that they come from a school that is on the persistently dangerous list for things like homicide and sexual assault, I really didn't want to find out.

My cooperating teacher in the room let me leave early and it was ridiculous. Imagine hundreds of scared students filing out of one doorway, freaking out because everything is blocked off with police tape and there are cop cars and gang members all over the place.

I honestly rushed off to my car because I was nervous. Yesterday someone asked me how you know when someone is in the gang.

It may sound weird.. but their demeanor. And their age. And the fact that they hang out in packs. They hold themselves in a certain way that says "I'm up to no good" all over. And guess how excited I was when I saw about six of them right next to my car?!

*rips out hair*

They left me alone. But they looked like they were plotting. And I wasn't sticking around to find out what they were up to. I ended up getting home 10 minutes early. There was no time for cooling down. I usually take my time when I get to my car.

Uh, no. Get in, lock doors, key in, accelerate.. Bye bye death zone. See you tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment