Although I'm completely covered in bug bites, my holiday weekend was absolutely incredible. No complaints here.
Friday night was low key. Keith, Katelyn, Tom and I pre-gamed in Tom's basement. Then we went to New Hope for some more drinks out in the nice cool weather. We got back at 3am and relaxed on Tom's front porch with pizza, drinks, and Tom's hookah.
Saturday was a nice build-up for Sunday. I went to the Valley to spend time with my friends. Nick and I went to Amanda's party. We took lots of shots and laughed hysterically. Then I relaxed at my grandmother's house for a bit. After we gossiped and ate, I headed to Allentown with Alex and his boyfriend to get drinks at two gay bars. We danced our butts off!
I, in particular, danced with a hot blond cougar.
Anyway, I'd just like to say that I love dancing with gay boys. They're so intense. I get my hair flipped around, hands up my shirt, uncovered boy abs rubbed against me. I love it. Oh and the shot boy told me that I had to remove my shirt for a shot.
Gay boys are nuts. That's why I'm friends with so many.
Sunday started off with breakfast with Nick, Alex, and Andrew. We got strange looks from a little old lady who was shocked by our conversations. After that Nick and I went shopping at the mall and did something really random.
We broke into an abandoned building in the woods. In a thunderstorm. It was cool. There was paperwork there from before I was born. (You would've thought I'd have learned my lesson the last time I broke into an abandoned building and nearly got arrested. Apparently not.)
We got spooked because we saw a car rush to the entrance. We took off for the woods and hid. We were kind of trapped because there was a big cliff behind us. But we made it home fine. And soaking wet. We walked into his mom's house dripping and muddy and she laughed at us as she got us some towels.
She wouldn't expect anything less from us. I'm lucky she loves me.
After that nonsense we went to another party. Lots of food, beer, good conversation, alcohol infused watermelon, and laughter. Nick got so wasted. Melissa's family always sets off professional fireworks. It's always an amazing show. This year, however, one fell over and three exploded on the ground. It was nuts! The guys who were setting them off were running away for dear life. It was like watching a 3d zombie movie with the red flare light, smoke, explosion, and black outlines of bodies running towards us in a panic.
I thought for sure someone was going to be hurt. But all was good in the hood.
Back to Nick being drunk. On the way home I stopped at a gas station to fill up. Nick drunkenly disappeared into the gas station. His hair was sticking up all crazy and he obtained a popsicle while he was in there. It was so funny watching him wander around outside confusedly with his popsicle and crazy hair. Some man standing on the sidewalk was just laughing hysterically at him. Nick, confused and drunk, laughed back as he stumbled into my car with his popsicle.
Monday consisted of another shopping trip with Nicholas and more grandmother gossiping. Then I left the Valley and headed back to my house.
When I got back I gave Keith a pair of lime green sunglasses I bought for him in the Valley. (I got a pair of multi-colored ones). We put on our bright new sunglasses, hopped in the Wrangler, and went on a two hour cruise in the sunlight. After a much needed Starbucks detour, we relaxed on the couch together watching the Lil Wayne takeover on Fuse. Later that night we caught the Abington fireworks together.
It was such a perfect holiday weekend. Such a fantastic mix of fun and relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment