I'm changing. Most of my posts focus on the bad but little by little I keep making positive changes.
I applied for multiple teaching positions in the city, which will get me closer to where I hope to get my own apartment at some point.
I go to work two hours early every day to get over time and also so I can go to the gym after work every day. Cardio de-stresses me. I'm also eating significantly healthier and I've continued to cut down on my alcohol intake.
I've opened up to the family members that I've been avoiding and made it clear how they make me feel (except for my mother. She's still quite tricky).
I've taken charge with my friendships. I'm staying out of bad situations but also making sure that my friends know I love them and it's nothing personal. I really DO love my friends with all of my heart and they support my changes.
I realized I need to do more positive things with my time. So I signed up to volunteer with the 2012 presidential campaign. My calendar is now filled with voter registrations, phone banks, canvassing, and meetings. I also registered to volunteer with the HRC.
I am quite excited. I feel hopeful when I think of all of my positive changes. I just want to feel loved and like my life has some sort of purpose. That's all.
Awesome!!! You made my day. :)
ReplyDelete