Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pride

I am so proud of the woman that I have become over the years.  A boy broke my heart.  He crushed me to the ground.  But did I let him dim my shine?  No.  Not at all.

I didn't get wasted.  I didn't hook up with exes.  I didn't hide under my covers.  I didn't send him unclassy texts.  I handled it the right way.  I filled my time with the people that I love, I wrote my little heart out, I stayed out from underneath my covers, I had one girly cocktail... responsibly, I continued my job search, and I also made plans with him.. as a friend.  We bought concert tickets in February and I don't think they should be wasted.

I feel like this is grounds for celebration.  Because you know why?  Because I know who I am.  If I didn't know who I was, I would be a disaster.  I would be grabbing onto the earth for dear life, trying to figure out how to live.  But no, I know exactly who I am.  So it wasn't hard to pick myself back up and dust off my sparkles.

Yes, I still get sad.  Which is normal.  He was perfect to me- until he stopped taking his medicine.  But there are plenty of people out there who would love to love me.. especially because I'm grounded and I know who I am.  Andrew doesn't know who he is yet, I know it.  He's still learning.  He shouldn't be in a relationship yet.  I think he's going to find out this year, honestly.  I think I was the start of his journey.

Everything will be okay.  I shouldn't date someone who gets me down.  I should date someone who soars through the clouds with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment