Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rest

I'm okay.  I had a rough little patch there and my dad pinpointed the reason.  I needed to REST.  You know, that thing I haven't really done for at least three months.  So I crashed.  There was a night with no law school preparation, no gym, no friends, no family, no errands.  I stared at my pillows.  I got up to pluck my brows and give myself a nice relaxing facial, then back to the pillows again.

I needed it.  The next day at work was fabulous.  I need to remember to REST.

This weekend was alright I guess.  Thus far.  Studied.  Went to an arts festival.  Drank a couple of margaritas.  Napped on a blanket in pretzel park and watched the stars appear over my head.  Went out dancing at a club.  That's sort of where it went wrong.  I shouldn't have went out dancing.  Because I intend on studying today and I don't want to burn myself out yet again.

Life is a struggle.  Finding a balance is hard and sometimes I find it hard to tolerate myself.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I think I give up.  Just gonna keep pushing for my dreams and hoping I don't fall over too many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment