I am wearing an old deep gray tattered sweatshirt and light gray sweatpants. My nail polish is peeling, my hair is unwashed. I feel two lukewarm tears traveling down my oily face. I'm barefoot. My back is sore and warm. There isn't a sound inside my apartment aside from the clicking of my keyboard and the rumbling in my stomach. Outside though, there are blowing trees and racing cars.
I feel alone. I do. I feel like I won't ever find whatever it is that will make me feel whole. I just want to be a good person, yes, but sometimes it just kills me inside. I just looked at a picture of my beautiful sister and she has the biggest smile on her face. She is so happy and I absolutely love it. I am so thankful that she found peace and happiness and love and everything.
But after I said "You are just beaming, I love it," I started to cry.
When will it be my turn to beam? When will it be my turn to find happiness?
Most days I have been doing much better. Not much wallowing, not much self pity - I try to spend my time making the people that I care about feel better. I try to spend my time focusing on positives and being a good person, even to complete strangers. But now and then I stray from this pathway and I just become very sad. I feel so empty inside. Like the universe has abandoned me. Like I don't deserve happiness or something. Like I am not a good enough person. Like I have so much more work to do-
But I'm exhausted. I am so tired of trying so hard. The whole thing just breaks my heart. I want to be happy too. I feel like a fucking mental case. Like I don't know how to live like everyone else, and maybe that's why I'm so alone.
I have friends, I have family, I have a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, a vehicle, an education.. but really, some days I feel like none of that matters. Because I still sit at home alone and feel like there's no purpose for me. Like there is no reason for me to even be alive.
I always say that one day I'll adopt a kid and that will help me find purpose. Well, I don't have a job anymore.. so that puts a big damper on that. So now what?
I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't cry like I used to. I don't wallow as much as I used to. I, in general, make it through the days with more ease. But sometimes I feel so tired. Sometimes things happen that make me feel like I'm on some sort of path, but I can't be certain.
I just don't know what to do anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment