There's always one musical artist that I obsess over and Gaga has been my obsession for nearly a year now. Kevin took me to the Monster Ball in December and I danced my butt off like a crazy little monster and sang along with Mama Monster.
Here's my favorite picture that I took when I saw her in concert last December.
I liked it so much that Kevin bought me VIP passes for the next leg of her tour.
Today her Alejandro video was released at noon and I am in love. It's officially my second favorite Gaga video. This is just want I needed from her. Something pure and simplistic that also managed to push the limits without overdoing it. Also, the statement is bold but not too bold.
I've been to many concerts in my life and she's the only artist that connected with her fans throughout the entire show. She kept the conversation going throughout, giving us tons of little pep talks, constantly telling us that she wants her fans to be whoever they truly are. She even told us, "Don't worry little monsters, all the freaks are outside and I've locked the doors." This was something cute that also sticks out in my head:
"One day you might wake up and the person that you love might not love you anymore. But you know what, I will always fucking love you."
She's so cute.
Seriously though, I used to stalk Philly bands like no other because they give you attention. It's nice loving a band and then getting to sit with, I don't know, the bassist at the bar for two or three hours. Prior to Gaga, I've never seen such a big artist with such a close bond with their fans and a willingness to make you feel like you're sitting next to her at the bar for two or three hours. I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment