I got home from work last night and I was two seconds away from grabbing the nearest object and ripping it apart with my teeth. I was very frustrated with a situation that has been occurring at work, and I really needed something to get it all out of my mind. So as soon as Kevin said, "Hey, let's test out my new gas motor on my boat," I said "YES!"
It was about 10pm and we drove into the middle of nowhere. Kevin took a wrong turn that landed us on a narrow twisting turning dirt road that lasted several miles.. and then, as if we were about to enter into a horror movie, Kevin had to stop the car, get out, and make sure his boat motor was okay. I told him that if something creepy popped out the woods, I was leaving him there.
Anyway, it was cute. We've went on night rides on the boat together before, but this was more fun because his new motor is meant for a much bigger boat. Let's just say that it was so fast that I ended up getting soaking wet. I am glad I went. Even though it was pitch black and creepy and I couldn't see in the water and a scary water monster similar to the Loch Ness Monster could have eaten me alive.
It's a big lake, so it was likely.
Just the other day I was telling someone that my first stay in the Poconos was a little nerve racking. I grew up in the mean streets of the South Bronx and I was worried that Jason from Friday the 13th would come out and get us.
ReplyDeleteBoating the the middle of the night sounds like fun.