As a result, I ate a lot healthier and I lost 30 pounds. I never felt so healthy in my entire life. My body was seriously amazing. I also refused to eat anything that had more than 7g of sugar in one serving (unless it was a fruit of some sort). And I was completely weaned off of caffeine and I basically never drank milk.
Flash forward a year or so later:
I eat a little bit of meat about twice a week. I'm addicted to caffeine. I drink too much milk (at least it's non-fat). I consume way too much sugar and sodium, not to mention carbohydrates. And I feel like death. No lie. Oh, and I gained weight and lost muscle.
Until a week ago. I lost about 6 or 7 pounds because I was very sick and unable to eat. Since I've been getting better, I've been eating healthier and I'm feeling amazing. That, and I'm just not feelin' the meat anymore. I went to a buffet the other day and the only meat I had was a tiny little bit hidden away in some practically-chickenless chicken alfredo.
So, that's it. I'm starting today. A (mainly) no-meat diet. I'm also going to significantly cut down on the milk products, and since milk has been making me kind of nauseous recently, this won't be hard. There will be more nuts, more fruit, more whole grains, more vegetables (YES!!), more protein shakes, and a daily vitamin to make sure I'm not missing anything. Also, much less sugar and caffeine. Maybe one caffeine beverage a day and nothing with more than 7g of sugar per serving. Working at a coffee house, this is nearly impossible, but I'm up for the challenge.
I say mainly no meat because I'm not going to lie, even back when I was a "vegetarian" I'd randomly get a craving for a little slice of white meat about once a month or so.. but it had to be super cooked and dry so it was as un-animally as possible. Also, it's hard to go out to eat and NOT get meat. It's the main part of all of the entrées! (Yay for flexitarianism.)
Anyway, I want to feel amazing like that again. I want to have a healthy body and tons of energy again. I really can't wait. Oh, and back then I had an amazing immune system. That would be nice too.
Wish me luck. It shouldn't be too hard. The only problem will be the coffee house. I'll be tempted with tons of super yummy drinks. Avoiding meat won't be hard at all. Except when I go out to eat. And as I said, milk has been making me sick.
I'm thinking about all of the green beans in my near future. Mmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment